I’m always looking for fairly simple and healthy recipes and this one absolutely took the cake. Lasagna is one of my favorites, but something I generally avoid, as it is such a hearty dish. After trying these out, I’m sold. If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, and comforting recipe to whip up with only about 30 minutes of prep time, I highly recommend giving this a whirl.
1.5 lbs. ground turkey
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/2 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
8 oz Fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
Tomato Marinara Sauce
8 oz Ricotta
Fresh grated Parmesan
Seasonings: Italian Seasoning (generous amount), salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder
1. Slice zucchini with mandolin peeler; set strips aside.
2. In a medium oiled pan (I use coconut oil), combine: ground turkey, chopped fresh spinach, 1/2 large onion, mushrooms, 2 cloves of garlic, and seasoning; sauté until turkey is cooked all the way through
3. Assemble the ravioli using 4 zucchini strips and 2 Tbsp. of turkey mixture and 1 Tbsp. ricotta.
4. Wrap them up and put face down in baking dish.
5. Top with marinara sauce and parmesan and bake at 350* for approx. 30 minutes
Happy Hump Day, friends!